
I worked as a background performer today for the series, the L-Word. I was one of a handful of female inmates in a prison scene...I imagined I got the job because I looked kinda hard, but I looked pretty soft compared to some of the other 'females' on set. I use the description 'female' loosely, because a few of them looked like guys in drag ..I thought they got actual prisoners for the scene, but no...these were all regular joes like me...they just looked more the part I guess. I met a few strange and raunchy girls....they were like from another planet...I've never met people quite like the cast I was with today.......For the most part they certainly knew how to have fun on set, which also provided some comic relief during breaks.
We were giving an angry talk by one of the wranglers because, apparently one or some of the background performers was stealing food meant for the cast & crew...someone took 4, one litre boxes of milk, a couple of big boxes of fruit and some food from the director and crew's tent....that was bold and disgraceful....I suspected anyone with a gym bag....beceause they'd need a bag that size to store their loot.....
I was given a ride home by this super nice lady (who also gave me a ride there at 6 a.m. this morning) from the set. It was out of her way but she dropped off a few of us after the shoot. She only got the role because she had a car and could give some of us rides....apparently she looked too happy to be an inmate....so she struck a deal with her agent....she'd provide a car pool service to some of the extras, for a role in the scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment