Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday, March 10, 2008


Most of the day today was a blur. We went to Vedado to check out this famous ice-cream place called Coppolia. We made a detour at the plaza de la Revolucion to take pics of the famous Che image on the building. Yep, I'm doing all those touristy things i vowed not to do.

Vedado looked more modern or rather more like a 'normal' city.
I'm not big on threesomes and there have been times during our trip when walking around aimlessly, I feel like taking off on my own for a change....but we are supposed to be a team so....plus my Spanish sucks and I wouldn't be able to get very far..who am i kidding. I usually don't feel this way for long...
When we got to the Coppolia, it was closed, so that was that. Later we found out from Louisa that the Coppolia was a bit overrated and was famous because it was the only ice cream parlour that was still open during the 'periode especial' (Cuba's version of Ghana's '83 hunger days)

later this evening we made our way slowly to the Meson de Flota, an elegant restaurant that had Flamenco shows. The food was de-lish and the flamenco show was excellent...passionate, energetic and captivating.
We called Stephan to arrange for him to pick us up to Varadero on Thursday. Its risky but convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment