Monday, October 13, 2008

October - Thanksgiving Ghana Style


The bridge to dreaded Surrey. Actually it's not that bad, but its like going to another country, to me even though its an hour away. Plus all the bad stuff on the news seem to happen here.
Anyways we were invited to a Ghanaian style thanksgiving by Auntie Lucy.



The highlight of the trip was the food. It had been a long time since I had eaten authentic Ghanaian food, that wasn't cooked by me.

On my way back - Traffic lights
Vancouver City lights - shot with a slow shutter

In conclusion: I'm yet to attend an interesting Ghanaian event in BC. Almost invariably, I end up asking myself why I attend. Mostly its out of respect for the host...or just something to do. But they are so boring, I want to jump in front of a bus... I guess I keep hoping for a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment