Saturday, July 15, 2006

hip hop night

I got invited to a hiphop show last night by my friend, who works as a marketing manager for a Vancouver based hip hop magazine.....it was quite exciting for me because i dont get out much....of course i didnt know who the hell these artists were...much to his amazement.

Hey....i haven't had time to catch up with what's happening in the world in general, let alone in the hiphop world......until last week ...i didnt know who Lupe Fiasco was....but now i know.... after yesterday, I now know who Mr Lif is....they were aight.....i probably won't be going to see them again any time soon.....but now i'm a little bit more enlightened.......

We were frisked and searched by the bouncers before we entered, because some people had been shot there a few times....mostly gang related......my first thought once we entered....was...man...this is loud!.......I must be getting old. It certainly sounded louder than any club i've ever been in.....i honestly wished i had my earplugs handy......I would have looked uncool, but i would have saved myself from some irreversible damage to my ear drums. You get used to the loudness after a bit but that's not a good thing, in my opinion.

Anyways it was great fun to hang out at Richards on Richards, it was nice to chillout for a change. I got home today after 6 am. Thank God, I don't do this often. It does take a round out of an old lady like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment